Prague BRASStet is leading the way right now when it comes to establishing the next generation of brass quintets.
Set up in 2016 by leading students of the Prague Academy of Performing Arts, all members of the ensemble are winners and laureates of major national and international competitions while its greatest success to date was picking up first prize at the prestigious international competition for young talents, the Icelandic Jeju International Brass & Percussion Competition in 2019.
In addition to their debut album JOY from 2019, their repertoire also features compositions by Antonín Dvořák, as well as melodies from the musical Chicago. Prague Proms listeners can not only look forward to original compositions composed especially for this group, but also to new arrangements of well-known classical and contemporary compositions. And to top things off, they’ve even got a world premiere surprise in store for us.
- Walter Hofbauer, Karel Hons, trumpets
- Daniela Roubíčková, french horn
- Barbora Kolafová, trombon
- Jakub Chmelař, tube
- Suite from the opera Rusalka, Antonín Dvořák (arr. Miroslav Kopta)
- Golliwogg’s Cake Walk, Claude Debussy
- Four color suite, Jan Kučera
- Tango No. 1, Anthony Di Lorenzo
- Wild animals (světová premiéra), Michal Vejskal
- It don’t mean a thing, Duke Ellington
- Puttin’ on the Ritz, Irving Berlin